Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
14 month old RCA R52WH77 has blue/red/green lines

Babydreamer26
New User

Feb 18, 2008, 12:38 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2373 views)
Shortcut
14 month old RCA R52WH77 has blue/red/green lines Can't Post

Frown I am at SUCH a loss! I have a RCA R52WH77 projection tv that is only 14 months old and has been fine until yesterday.
I turned it on and there are 3 horizontal lines (green, blue and red) in a U shape on the upper half of the screen. The sound is fine...it's just the picture that looks like it is bending into the tv screen and the picture is slightly blurred from the distortion.
I have called RCA directly and our tv is 2 months out of the warranty so they wouldn't do anything.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Laura

Babydreamer26
New User

Feb 18, 2008, 4:33 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Babydreamer26] 14 month old RCA R52WH77 has blue/red/green lines [In reply to] Can't Post

after researching a bit...I "think" it may be a convergence problem. The manufacture's guide for our model says under "Setup" there would be a "convergence" tab BUT when i pull it up there doesn't show a convergence button at all. Could it be that we may have a manual board???

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Feb 18, 2008, 6:27 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Babydreamer26] 14 month old RCA R52WH77 has blue/red/green lines [In reply to] Can't Post

One of tricks this model does is destroy the 40 volt source off the vertical, theres a diode and fuse that need changing on the main deflection board, when these fail the set does not even know it's a projection and drops the convergance from the menu
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)