Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
19" CRT TV noise problem

brianbutler
New User

Sep 3, 2017, 9:26 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1118 views)
Shortcut
19" CRT TV noise problem Can't Post

Hi guys I recently purchased a new 19" Symphonic CRT television. It only has an antenna IN jack (coaxial cable IN jack), it doesn't have the jack for the RCA video/audio cables, so I purchased a RF modulator (I want to use this TV to play DVD's, because they look like crap on my 65" Sony Bravia HDTV, and DVD's look best on these old school CRT TV's) .... so back to what I was saying, I plugged in all the cables properly to the modulator and to the DVD player. Everything seems fine until the DVD player gets turned ON, I get the DVD picture just fine on the TV, but I get loud static noise from the TV, I unplug the RCA Video cable from the DVD player or modulator and the noise goes away (so it's not the TV). I tried a different model modulator and even a different model DVD player, but the noise still persists. I have all the devices plugged into the same power outlet, so I don't know what the culprit is. I'm guessing it may be a ground loop of some sort. Think I need a ground loop isolator guys? Should I try different RCA video/audio cables, or even try a different coaxial cable? Thanks guys

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 4, 2017, 5:52 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [brianbutler] 19" CRT TV noise problem [In reply to] Can't Post

a new 19" Symphonic CRT television

New manufacture or 'NEW to you'?Smile

-------------------------

brianbutler
New User

Sep 6, 2017, 5:22 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1085 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] 19" CRT TV noise problem [In reply to] Can't Post

New manufacture. Brand new in original box :)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)