Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
19" Magnavox problem

AnnNC
New User

Dec 1, 2004, 5:04 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1593 views)
Shortcut
19" Magnavox problem Can't Post

I smelled a burning type smell and it was coming from the area of the TV so we unplugged it. Later, we turned it on to check it out and it has lines across the screen and it's rolling vertically. The sound is just fine. After staring at the screen for several minutes trying to will it to fix itself, I decided to just turn the thing off. Well, the screen went black (with a little bit of static lines here and there) and the sound went off, but the TV wasn't actually off. I have to unplug it to get it to turn off. Is this something that can be fixed? Thanks.

mel
Veteran

Dec 2, 2004, 12:30 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AnnNC] 19" Magnavox problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Any Tv can be "fixed". The question is at what cost. Since you do not give a model number, it is impossible to make any positive determination bu it sounds like your problem lies in the high voltage section and may have cascaded into the power supply. It may be more cost effective to just replace the set than to pay for repairs on a 19" set. You might want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free upgrade set with a little effort on your part.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)