Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
32 Inch RCA Died But Still Chirps

imusfan220
New User

Dec 4, 2004, 6:16 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1731 views)
Shortcut
32 Inch RCA Died But Still Chirps Can't Post

My 32 Inch RCA TV F32450 all of a sudden had the picture swerve and then die, then it started making this high pitched noise that only stops when its unplugged. Please help, I would really appreciate it.

(This post was edited by imusfan220 on Dec 4, 2004, 6:57 AM)

thechad1973
New User

Dec 4, 2004, 10:33 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [imusfan220] 32 Inch RCA Died But Still Chirps [In reply to] Can't Post

Usually the chirping is coming from the flyback. You cold have a bad flyback, or a bad capacitor leading to the flyback. You need to check all the voltage, and see if its too high or too low.

imusfan220
New User

Dec 4, 2004, 10:20 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1694 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thechad1973] 32 Inch RCA Died But Still Chirps [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey man do you know where those are located and what i have to do to replace them if that's the problem? Sorry if that sounds dumb but when i took the back cover off the TV, I have no idea what is what back there....

mel
Veteran

Dec 6, 2004, 3:19 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1690 views)
Shortcut
Re: [imusfan220] 32 Inch RCA Died But Still Chirps [In reply to] Can't Post

The flyback transformer is the black transformer with the red lead going up to the back of the CRT. The horizontal output transistor is probably also bad. It is the black three pronged device that is mounted on the heat sync near the flyback. You should be aware that there are about 30,000 volts stored in the CRT under that suction cup where the red wire is fastened to the CRT. This is really a job that should be left to a professional to be on the safe side.

minehunter
User

Dec 7, 2004, 11:52 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] 32 Inch RCA Died But Still Chirps [In reply to] Can't Post

Check the Chassis, if it is a ctc 195 or ctc 197 check the little choke that comes off the collector of the Horizontal Output Transistor. also check for a short of the HOT. If it's chirping the Flyback is probably still good.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)