Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
42PFL3604H/12 issue

bluder
New User

Dec 27, 2016, 11:34 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3266 views)
Shortcut
42PFL3604H/12 issue Can't Post

It's an old tv but i would like to fix it if possible.. need a quick opinion, the issue is as follows:
Tv needs to 'warm up' in order to function normally, but sometimes even the warmup doesnt work. It display smeared static images, for example smeared blue if there is no input, or can be displaying a freezing picture from a music spot, it depends when it happens.
Also, it is not always smeared when frozen.
Sometimes, after a 5 minutes warmup it works for hours flawlessly, but i have noticed if I am about to 'twist its body for a while' i can make the picture freeze and tv to stop responding. Twisting it some more might have the opposite effect.
One tech guy told me it is 100% the main board. Do you agree?
Also, i have found the board with the same product number (715g3299-2 wk:913) but from a different philips set. Could that work? They look identical, but the other one is hotel tv, smaller and lower resolution (firmware upgrade maybe)?
thanks for your help, i really appreciate it.
merry Christmas and happy new year everyone :)

bluder
New User

Dec 27, 2016, 3:40 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3259 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluder] 42PFL3604H/12 issue [In reply to] Can't Post

It is similar to what this guy's got:
youtube.com/watch?v=J2iZ-3aQT5g
except images does not move at all once frozen (o it does move to another frame but after a long period of time)

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 27, 2016, 3:58 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluder] 42PFL3604H/12 issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you tried the tabs (tab bonding issue) as shown in YT video? You say 'twisting' the panel affects.

-------------------------

bluder
New User

Dec 27, 2016, 4:32 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] 42PFL3604H/12 issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes I did, but can+t seem to find a pattern. If I twist the panel, I am more likely to lose (freeze) picture than to fix it. After twisting for a minute with no success, leaving it just plugged for the next 5 mins might get the picture back. At first, when the picture was back, it could work for 5-6 hours, now maybe 1-2h before it freezes again...

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)