Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
43uwx10b Hitachi Power Problem...

505Choppers
New User

Aug 21, 2006, 11:18 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1059 views)
Shortcut
43uwx10b Hitachi Power Problem... Can't Post

Tv worked great as far as picture and sound when it was on, then it had a power surge, turned off and would not turn on again. Well I followed the "protection" start up where you turn on, then 30 sec later then unplg 30 sec and then on and it Worked. Now we had another power surge and it died for good, will not power up.
When I hit power it makes about 4 clicks real fast (within 2 seconds) turns on front RED led for about a second and the leds (green multiple and a red one that fades away slowly) inside the cabinet go on for a slipt second as well.
Anyway to bypass the surge protectors in these or any way for me to test voltage to know if its the power supply?
Its about 5 years old and worked flawlessly until the power drama, any help would be greatly appreciated. Im above novice , but not a repairman, Im an auto mechanic, so I can handle taking the power board out and checking things with an ohmmeter, thanks again.

rrobor
Veteran

Aug 22, 2006, 1:04 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [505Choppers] 43uwx10b Hitachi Power Problem... [In reply to] Can't Post

Why would you wish to bypass the protection, it is telling you there is a short circuit somewhere and it cant start, if there was a way to do what you want all you would get is more damage till something else blows up or a fuse fails. Chances are it may not be the supply but the horizontal short. The supply would usually blow the fuse and the set would be dead.

505Choppers
New User

Aug 22, 2006, 1:26 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] 43uwx10b Hitachi Power Problem... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok,thats a start. Im not trying to "blow it up", lmao, just trying to get an idea on where I go when it comes to figuring out the problem. Im an auto mechanic so jumping voltage is a way to solve issues in my camp, I know its a different realm, my bad...sheeesh. :-)
Both fuses I can see are fine, when I pull the one on the power board it does no clicks or sound.
When I pull the fuse on the lower board off (center area) the red led closest to me dims and bright and dim and bright, kinda pulses. When the fuse is on, it gets real bright then the other green ones light up, then it shuts off and all turn off except the red one that slowly dims away like a sunset. Green turn off 1/2 sec and red stays dimming for about 5 seconds.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)