Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
7" LCD Power Problems?

gordonash
New User

Apr 9, 2023, 11:59 PM

Post #1 of 1 (420 views)
Shortcut
7" LCD Power Problems? Can't Post

I hope this isnt too off topic but im looking to troubleshoot a 7" IPS screen. Im using it on a PC but i couldent think of a better place to discuss so im hoping here is ok.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005004137807710.html

Anyway it seems to be extrememly temperamental at turning on and im hoping some people here have had experience with this model or a similar one.

The only time i can get it to work is if i spend 10 minutes swapping between 3-4 micro usb cables and multiple power outputs, namely my pc, monitor usb hub, phone charger plug and portable power bank; as well plugging/unplugging the hdmi to my graphic card via 3 hdmi cables.

At some random point it will usually come on and work perfectly. It will then run off any one of the above usb/hdmi/power combinations. It will also come back on instantly if unplugged for a few minutes. If left unpowered for a long while it will again refuse to power up.

I assumed it was a power problem but having two usb plugged into it (power socket and touch screen socket) dont seem to help it power on and i also used some 5v transformers rated for 2amps and 3amps and still had the same problem of not powering up.

When powered up giving the usb ports and hdmi a good hard jiggle does not break signal in anyway so they are not playing up.

Stumped! Any advice?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)