F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Affinity LED-TV SLE2039 turns on and shows logo, then gradually fades to black

Interboy
New User

Dec 7, 2016, 2:07 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1044 views)
Shortcut
Affinity LED-TV SLE2039 turns on and shows logo, then gradually fades to black Can't Post

In December 2013 I bought two Affinity SLE2039. I started using the first and in less than a year it went black. In my country there are many blackouts and every time a blackout occurs my inverter comes in with a square signal and the LED TV turns off (but not the PC) and I have to turn it on again.
I started using the second (that was new) and after a year with the same electrical blackouts It went black. Then I noticed that when turned on it shows the logo briefly and then fades to black. Can't say anything about the sound 'cause I don't use the TV sound but the computer's.
I checked the FIRST one and realized it has the same problem (I thought it was different). I opened both TVs because I wanted to use the boards to make one to work but since they both have the same problem I think is not possible.

I checked the power supply board and in both TVs it looks ok with no capacitors or any other component damaged. The main board also seems ok. There is no strange odor coming from the inside or the components.
I checked another thread in the forums about the same brand/model but they came to no conclusion.

Can anybody help me please?

Thank you in advande,

Julio

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 7, 2016, 7:16 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1038 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Interboy] Affinity LED-TV SLE2039 turns on and shows logo, then gradually fades to black [In reply to] Can't Post

LED back light bulbs across all brands & models have been failing at high rates. Shorting, opening and even some starting fires.

You DO realize that saying there's a anonymous thread from a unidentified forum is of absolutely NO use?

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)