Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Apex TV keeps blowing fuse

beanz1250
New User

Mar 30, 2005, 12:56 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3174 views)
Shortcut
Apex TV keeps blowing fuse Can't Post

I have an Apex model AT2708S TV, Chasis # CH-10C. Six months old.The fuse blew, I replaced it with the exact spec fuse and it blew again when powering on.I have a good surge arrester and wall outlet is ok. when the fuse blew out it knocked out the cable box also. I now have another tv in its place and both it and the cable box are working fine. I can't find a service manual with test points to check it. there are no obvious signs of any burnt out components on the board/s. Any ideas on what components or circuits to check would be great..Thanks

kassy
New User

Mar 30, 2005, 7:51 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [beanz1250] Apex TV keeps blowing fuse [In reply to] Can't Post

Obviously you have problem in power supply.It is not fault of fuse.You have to check by multimeter for a short connection and if you find defective element remove it and continue .Sometime not only one element is defective.In power supply you must replace defective element(s) by genuine part(s).

shadetree
Veteran

Mar 31, 2005, 4:02 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [beanz1250] Apex TV keeps blowing fuse [In reply to] Can't Post

there is nothing about the tv that could have blew the cable box sounds like you may be having surges on ac line

beanz1250
New User

Apr 3, 2005, 3:10 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] Apex TV keeps blowing fuse [In reply to] Can't Post

The AC in seems to be fine, I have a good surge arrester that everything is plugged into (cable box, vcr and tv). I think that the fuse blew (cheap, made in china) and fedback through the coax cable to the cable box knocking it out when it did. But the replacement TV and everything work fine now, no issues. The Apex tv still blows the fuse when powered on so I think something in line with that (caps, resistor, transformer etc) blew with it, but I don't see any sign of it. The only way to check is with a meter but without a service manual I don't know what is in line with the fuse. I suppose I could start by checking the resistors on the power board.But if anyone had any suggested specific circuit IDs or components to check out that would help alot. Thanks.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.27 s on (CGI/1.1)