Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Backlight on, clicking, no picture

ziauriaiziaurus
New User

Aug 30, 2018, 6:05 PM

Post #1 of 2 (945 views)
Shortcut
Backlight on, clicking, no picture Can't Post

Hello guys its my first attempt to repair TV. I would appreciate any help helping me understand the issue and inner working of TV and its components.

TV model is UE55JU6740U. When i got this TV it was already not working. I think the guy who had it tried fixing it himself with no success by replacing T-con board.

TV has the backlight on and clicks a couple of times when I plug it in and clicks a bit more when I turn it on.

So far I am sure that power supply board has no issues as I tested voltages coming into the main board and all seems to be fine.

T-con has a blue light on it when I plug it in. I measured some test points on T-con

I'm not sure what TP stands for, but TP 2, 4 and 5 shows 0V. T-Con fuse is fine

I also tested some test points of the cable running from Main board to T-Con.

When I try to test blue marked test points ass soon as i touch them it shows as 0.5v and then gradually drops to 0. As i understand these are for transferring picture data. Is this kind of drop standard on these points and why is it happening.

I'm kind of stuck at this point not sure what is the issue. Waiting for some suggestions on what to troubleshoot next

ziauriaiziaurus
New User

Aug 30, 2018, 6:08 PM

Post #2 of 2 (943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ziauriaiziaurus] Backlight on, clicking, no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)