Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Blank screen, white horizontal lines, no image - Mitsu monitor

iroc86
New User

May 8, 2005, 5:09 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2293 views)
Shortcut
Blank screen, white horizontal lines, no image - Mitsu monitor Can't Post

I have a Mitsubishi TFW9105SKTKW Diamond Pro 91TXM monitor (long name, huh?) that died on me... it made a pulsing noise when powered on, indicating that the HV was trying to come up. Further tests revealed a bad horizontal output transistor, which I replaced. I now have HV, but no picture appears on the screen. If I turn the SCREEN control up on the flyback transformer, I do receive a picture... a dark gray background with faint white horizontal lines. I'm thinking that the vertical output circuitry is damaged, but I'm not sure. Am I on the right track?

mel
Veteran

May 8, 2005, 10:09 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [iroc86] Blank screen, white horizontal lines, no image - Mitsu monitor [In reply to] Can't Post

If you have vertical deflection, there is not a problem with the vertical section. The lines that you see are retrace lines resulting from the screen voltage being turned to high. If your monitor is not receiving an input from the computer, you will just see a blank screen.

iroc86
New User

May 9, 2005, 3:04 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Blank screen, white horizontal lines, no image - Mitsu monitor [In reply to] Can't Post

The screen voltage/retrace lines explanation makes sense... I turned up the screen voltage to verify if I was getting a picture (from a blank screen).

The monitor is connected to a computer, but I'm not seeing anything on the screen. I know that symptom kinda prevents a simple solution... Smile I had to replace the HOT to get this far, but I'm thinking that some other components got damaged when the transistor blew. The picture tended to flicker shortly before the HOT went. Hmm, do you have any thoughts on where I should start looking... or is there something that I've overlooked?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)