Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Brand new Samsung curved UHD TV no longer working - HELP!

jwathas
New User

Dec 11, 2016, 9:21 PM

Post #1 of 3 (999 views)
Shortcut
Brand new Samsung curved UHD TV no longer working - HELP! Can't Post

Hi everyone,

We purchased a brand new 55" Samsung curved UHD TV just 3 months ago in September (model #UN55KU6500FXZA). Today, while my husband and I were sitting watching TV, the picture suddenly started to fade and then went totally out. We tried to turn it back on and it acted like it was going to come on, but then went right back out. We tried unplugging everything and letting it sit for about 20 minutes and then tried again, but the red power light just flashes and it won't power on. Oddly, in the bottom left corner of the screen, when it tries to turn on, it shows what looks like a crack; however, there is absolutely no crack on the screen itself and there has been absolutely NO physical damage to the TV whatsoever. From what I've researched, this appears to be a "thermal crack" as a result of some internal parts failure. This TV has not even been moved or touched since we got it in September. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be here? Since it has been just 2 days over 90 days since we bought it, it's no longer under warranty through the store we bought it from, but it is still covered by Samsung, who we did call and who is going to be sending a tech out. However, we are furious as we literally JUST bought this TV only 3 short months ago and paid $1500 for it. Any ideas????

(This post was edited by jwathas on Dec 11, 2016, 10:11 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 11, 2016, 10:41 PM

Post #2 of 3 (990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jwathas] Brand new Samsung curved UHD TV no longer working - HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

New features are NOT going through rigorous lab testing anymore - straight to market with consumers now being the guinea pigs.

If Samsung can't/won't resolve - a local television should have a consumer investigation team that may explore on your behalf.

-------------------------

jwathas
New User

Dec 11, 2016, 10:47 PM

Post #3 of 3 (987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Brand new Samsung curved UHD TV no longer working - HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

I could not agree more. Our previous living room TV (which we had moved down into my husband's "man cave" in the basement once we bought this one) is an early 2012 model Samsung LED smart TV and, even nearly 5 years later, it still works like new. We have just moved that one back up into our living room until this new one gets fixed/replaced. Honestly, we have had issues with this new 4K TV since day one. It sometimes would NOT want to turn off. It would respond to every single button on the remote, except for the power button. There were even a few occasions where we had to leave it on overnight because the stupid thing did not want to power off until the next morning! You are so right about the huge lack of quality these days. Nothing lasts nearly as long as it used to, and Samsung is a perfect example of that. When we drop $1500 on a brand new curved 4K TV, which is supposed to be the latest and greatest in TV technology, we expect it to last A LOT longer than 3 months! I'm so mad that, even though a Samsung tech is already going to be coming out, I still filed a complaint against Samsung with the Better Business Bureau, because I want their executive office to know about this and hopefully we may get better service and get this taken care of a lot faster through them.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)