Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
CRT Philips 28PT4655 colored areas.

e5frog
New User

Jul 16, 2016, 12:07 AM

Post #1 of 1 (663 views)
Shortcut
CRT Philips 28PT4655 colored areas. Can't Post

I bought this in late 2001, working great as bedroom TV, only problem there has ever been was that the tuner was swapped (metal box with the antenna connector) soon after it was bought since the higher frequency channels had worse and worse picture as frequency went up.

Anyway, I've adjusted the geometry of this TV two or three times through the service menu (062596 menu - code is actually on the schematic that came with the TV).
I may have changed something I wasn't supposed to and I didn't follow the good rule of writing down or take a photo of the settings before changing anything - most of which were changed to see what happened and then changed back.

There's nothing really wrong with it actually, picture geometry is pretty perfect, image the same but for years now I have been a bit annoyed at times that I get discoloration in areas where there has been a bright area for an extended period of time. The longer it has been there and the brighter it is the longer the discoloration will last. Often not more than a few seconds but sometimes noticeable up to a minute, it's annoying. It's about the same as if you'd hold a magnet to the screen in the area.
Don't know what to do about it, would like some advice if there's any setting I should try and change.

I thought I should try and ask around before I might experiment again.
Any good ideas?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)