Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Ceramic Capacitors on Panel Boards, Which Ones? - Samsung UE55

Tomas02
New User

Dec 11, 2019, 10:45 PM

Post #1 of 3 (984 views)
Shortcut
Ceramic Capacitors on Panel Boards, Which Ones? - Samsung UE55 Can't Post

Hello, here with a Samsung TV problem ones again...

I think the problem is located in the panel itself, or at least on one of the boards that connects the ribbon cables and I am narrowing it down a set of 7 ceramic capacitors on 1 of 4 of the boards.

When measuring the rest 21 ceramic capacitors they all give me 400 in resistance on continuity test, the other 7 just give me short circuit, so I will need to remove and test them separately.

Picture: https://ibb.co/kgd9J7j

But... how do I know which ones I need to buy? They have no text on them at all...?!

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 18, 2019, 12:56 PM

Post #2 of 3 (904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tomas02] Ceramic Capacitors on Panel Boards, Which Ones? - Samsung UE55 [In reply to] Can't Post

Once removed do they still measure shorted (bad cap) ? Or do the two pads where capacitor was read low resistance (Something else in parallel in the circuit) ?

-------------------------

Tomas02
New User

Jan 16, 2020, 1:32 PM

Post #3 of 3 (835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Ceramic Capacitors on Panel Boards, Which Ones? - Samsung UE55 [In reply to] Can't Post

I have now removed all 7 of the caps, when I removed the last cap low resistance came back between the pads so I assume the last cap was the shorted one.
In the process though I accidentally removed 2 or 3 smaller caps on the side (don’t rly have the tools for it)

I just wanted to make sure the panel kicked on and wasn’t cracked before trying to find a donor board or the correct components so I plugged it in expecting removed lines, to my surprise the TV worked as intended without all the caps? Why?

I assume I shouldn’t use the TV like this but is there any real danger to it?

Pic: https://imgur.com/olL9TZ0

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)