Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Connection for combi player

Old72Lady
New User

Feb 3, 2018, 12:59 PM

Post #1 of 4 (666 views)
Shortcut
Connection for combi player Can't Post

Please can someone help. I have a Funai dvd/video combi player/recorder. It has worked very well via a set top box and an old tv in a spare bedroom. However in my wisdom I decided to connect it to my main tv using the diagrams in the booklet. ie scart cable from tv to combi player, aerial from tv to combi player and another aerial from combi player into the socket on the wall. But all I can get is the menu to set the clock. I can't get it to scan for any tv channels in order to record something. We have SKY - tv and on the tv can get sky channels and "ordininary" digital channels. Can anyone tell me where I have gone wrong please.

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 3, 2018, 7:31 PM

Post #2 of 4 (663 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Old72Lady] Connection for combi player [In reply to] Can't Post

Specific Brand/Models of TV AND Funai dvd/video combi player/recorder?

-------------------------

Old72Lady
New User

Feb 4, 2018, 10:01 AM

Post #3 of 4 (651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Connection for combi player [In reply to] Can't Post

the tv is a Sony bravia and the combi player is a Funai dvd recorder with video cassette recorder model DRVR-B778S. As a "laperson" - I am thinking it has got to be something with the way I have connected the aerial leads, but I have done exactly what it say on the "tin" -

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 4, 2018, 11:31 AM

Post #4 of 4 (650 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Old72Lady] Connection for combi player [In reply to] Can't Post

using the diagrams in the booklet

Exactly what I'm trying to access without Model numbers (Sony Bravia = NO help).

I obtained SERVICE manual for the Funai, but so far NO joy finding User manual. Some photos show layout of rear panel, but can't make out jack labels.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.24 s on (CGI/1.1)