Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Convergence problem?

plat
New User

Dec 17, 2004, 11:42 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1530 views)
Shortcut
Convergence problem? Can't Post

first i want to thank you guys who helped in this thread http://www.tv-forums.com/...een_w/_lines_P10279/

the problem was a bad IC shorting out the CRT, was a cheap fix. thanks for that..

now i have a different issue, text in the on the sides of the tv is very blurry(like a news ticker going across the screen). it is blurry when it enters the screen then as it goes across it gets clearer then blurry again. i think this is a convergence problem yes?

so there is anyway to adjust that on this model tv? through a service menu ? thank you

mel
Veteran

Dec 18, 2004, 12:22 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [plat] Convergence problem? [In reply to] Can't Post

Unless the purity magnet is bonded to the neck of the CRT, convergence is accomplished by adjusting the tabs behind the yoke on the neck of the CRT. To do a proper job, you really need a cross hatch generator. You can do a rough job by turning off the color and adjusting the back four tabs for the best convergence. Do not mess with the front tabs as they are the purity magnets. This job is actually best left to someone with the proper knowledge and equipment. If the purity magnet is bonded, there is no way to adjust it.

plat
New User

Dec 18, 2004, 1:31 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Convergence problem? [In reply to] Can't Post

am i right in saying this is a problem with the convergence? it seems the worst when white is involved(either white letters or letters on white background)

stinks there is no way to adjust it with a service menu Frown

mel
Veteran

Dec 19, 2004, 12:22 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [plat] Convergence problem? [In reply to] Can't Post

It is possibly a convergence problem. If you turn the color off and look closely at the screen you may see a red, blue or green smear at the edge (could be top, bottom or either side) of a predominately white stationary image. This means that the associated CRT gun is not properly aligned (converged) and will give the illusion of an out of focus condition.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)