Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Cyclic Red flashing screen on Samsung HL61A750A1FXZA

rwwinn
New User

Mar 25, 2017, 7:49 PM

Post #1 of 1 (891 views)
Shortcut
Cyclic Red flashing screen on Samsung HL61A750A1FXZA Can't Post

I have a Samsung HL61A750A1FXZA DLP projection TV with an LED light engine. I bought it in 2009 and it has been a great TV. For the last year I dealt with the DLP chip going bad (white and black dots on screen). I just replaced the chip with a new one and the TV is like new, except.... <br> <br>After the TV is on for about 5 minutes, I get a cyclic red flashing or flickering on the screen. It seems to be on a frequency of about every 1.5 or 2 seconds. The picture is good, then a rapid red flickering happens that lasts less than a second. This repeats every 1.5 or 2 seconds. I'm assuming that the red flickering is the blue and green LEDs flashing out of sync, but the red staying constant. <br> <br>I need some help knowing what would be causing this cyclical flickering. I had seen it in the past with the old DLP chip, but it was corrected by setting the LED Control in the advanced picture options to "High" from "Auto". I'm wondering if there is a setting in the Service Menu to resolve the issue, or if it's something more difficult, like something bad on the power supply components. I have not found anywhere in my internet searches of any solution. I have found youtube videos of people that have had the same problem, but no solutions. Here is one of those videos of what the issue looks like: https://youtu.be/EF6MkgEprSk

(This post was edited by rwwinn on Mar 25, 2017, 7:51 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)