Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
DO NOT USE COPPELL TV Repair

jackson123
New User

Sep 23, 2016, 12:30 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2086 views)
Shortcut
DO NOT USE COPPELL TV Repair Can't Post

Read: do not use Coppell TV REpair (CoppellTVRepair)

BEWARE: based on recommendations here I used Coppell TV Repair. They charged me a flat rate of $89.99, then they returned my board unrepaired (Partially repaired, not all features worked and one fuse blown.)

They asked me to send it back ($11.00 shipping on me!) so they can verify that it was repaired, since they "Don't" test the boards after repair. They decided to take a video of the repaired board (I'm guessing after doing what they needed to get it to work) in their store-TV but omitted to show the features I reported as non-functional. When I pointed out the issue, they decided to take another video and sent me an invoice, not agreed upon, for $15 to create a video of the features not shown in the first video.

As this was not agreed upon, I refused to pay the additional charge to make a video (Never asked for videos to start with.) When I refused to pay, they gave me a full refund of $89.99 through Paypal (so I don't file a claim there) and now they're requesting a check payment of all their ridiculous, unsubstantiated fees before they release / send my board back. Ransom basically! What a ripoff corrupt TV Repair shop. DO NOT USE THEM if you can help it.

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 23, 2016, 3:04 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jackson123] DO NOT USE COPPELL TV Repair [In reply to] Can't Post

based on recommendations here I used Coppell TV Repair.

I'm confused. Crazy

Where on TV-Forums did you run across this?
OR was it one of the MANY, MANY AdChoices banners that I usually don't see as I have an Adblocker installed (and know how to use it)?
When you said 'here' you neglected to provide the appropriate link?

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Sep 23, 2016, 3:06 PM)

jackson123
New User

Sep 23, 2016, 3:30 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] DO NOT USE COPPELL TV Repair [In reply to] Can't Post

Here as in: Coppell TV repair is mentioned in 3 or so threads here, and on other forums as well. So in essence, here on the internet.

CoppellTVRepair
New User

Sep 26, 2016, 1:44 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2037 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] DO NOT USE COPPELL TV Repair [In reply to] Can't Post

> "Where on TV-Forums did you run across this?"

He has not.

He uses the same statement on all forums he could reach and doesn't think much of the fact that it's extremely easy to see how they can't be all valid.

There's no way it could have been a banner because we have never ever paid for marketing.

in fact, thanks to this guy's attempts to badmouth us we've spent more time responding than we did in the past year - and I am not kidding about that - and the result is that our site traffic jumped literally 4 times.

So we shouldn't complain, really, but for the sake of fair trial and right of response anyone who has read his rant please also consider checking our view of the events.

It is at

http://blog.coppelltvrepair.com/2016/09/ebay-user-compsp-talks-big-promises-to.html

with accompanying videos at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdC9Pzkf6xA
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSdfkVDwNZs

Just a few red flags for your consideration:

1) He says we were recommended to him, which is to say at least someone somewhere does not have a problem with our business practices.
Why do you think he does?

2) We have nearly 9000 positive reviews on eBay, about 40% of which are for board repairs.

While we can't and won't say this customer is the first to complain from us he's definitely in a very elite club of users who complain versus thousands who praise us.

Why do you think that is?

3) In his eBay for the feedback for the EEPROM customer used he claims it was defective and he had to return his original one; yet no return has been opened for that EEPROM and customer admits to had sent the whole board to us and video actually shows (for anyone who can tell the difference) that it works with a replacement and not an original EEPROM.

Why do you think that is?

Thanks to everyone for their attention and fair review of the facts and opinions present!

We will gladly respond to any meaningful and reasonable questions and concerns we receive.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.24 s on (CGI/1.1)