Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Dead Mitsubishi TS-5545

dmlinco
New User

Mar 29, 2004, 5:59 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3367 views)
Shortcut
Dead Mitsubishi TS-5545 Can't Post

I have a Mitsubishi TS-5545 that is 7yrs old. Per my wife, she was watching a show and the TV powered off during the program. Since then, the TV will power on (no audio or video) for a second or two, then power off. I unplugged the set to see if it was something that could be reset...no fix. Thanks for any help/assistance that can be provided. FYI..I don't have an O-scope, but I am handy with a multi-meter.

jelicano
New User

May 3, 2004, 6:03 AM

Post #2 of 3 (3340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmlinco] Dead Mitsubishi TS-5545 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

I have the exact TV and the same problem. This symptom has happened to me a very long time ago. I just let the TV sit for about 3 weeks unplugged. When I plugged it back in, it worked again.

I've also had a dead video once but repaired that with fixing a cold solder.

Anyway the on then off symptom has recurred and I'm on my first week of having it unplugged. I also downloaded a fact sheet from icxinyi.com stating that it could be one of 3 reasons

The fact sheet cost me $10 but it's a bit too technical for me. I too am handy with a MMeter and could understand basic diagnostics. But right now I just don't have the time to look into it. I have already dismantled my TV into it's separate cabinets and have my main board handy. It doesn't show any burns or corrosions so it's a little hard to pinpoint a probable cause.

Anyway I can email you the fact sheet for free, so we can pull our resources together and get a solution to our problem.

jom.elicano@ssc.edu.ph

towie
New User

May 8, 2004, 5:15 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3324 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmlinco] Dead Mitsubishi TS-5545 [In reply to] Can't Post

looking through these forums its hard to give advice as there seems to be a lack of knowledge, like my tv's broken how can i fix it. How can one answer that question ? REMEMBER WE CANT SEE YOUR TV'S......YOU HAVE TO TELL US.........THE MORE YOU TELL US THE MORE HELP AVAILABLE
with a model/chassis number so much more help would be available.

SO HERE TRY THIS
Dead, line output transistor s/c
Replace C906 (47uF,63v), R901 (4.7ohms,10w), Q901, IC901, D907 and D908 (both RD3.OFB1) and also C975 (47uF,63v)

It might help

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)