Dell LCD TV W3207C turns off after a few seconds

tchno247
New User

Apr 20, 2019, 3:40 PM

Post #1 of 1 (744 views)
Shortcut
Dell LCD TV W3207C turns off after a few seconds Can't Post

Hi guys,

I just got a Dell Tv W3207C. It powers up, backlight comes on for a couple of seconds then it shuts of by itself. Only once I had it on for a bit longer and I could see onscreen menu for a brief moment then it disappeared and it shut off again.

Before getting into what I've tried so far I just need to mention that I only have basic knowledge about electronics and I'm learning things everyday from people like you, so please bear with me :)

Things that I tried and found so far:

-looked for obvious burn marks, swollen caps: seems to look OK
-checked power board output voltage: not OK
3 pins should read 5Vdc but instead they read 1.591Vdc as bellow

Power board has 3 output connectors:

1st connector: +12VS pin reading 11.8Vdc, GND pins 0Vdc, +5V pins 1.591Vdc, GND pin 0Vdc, +5V2-STBY pin 5Vdc, +3V pin 3Vdc.

2nd connector: +24V pins 24.32 Vdc, GND pins 0Vdc, ON/OFF pin 0.466Vdc

3rd connector: GND pins 0Vdc, +24V pins 24.04Vdc

I removed T-con and inverter connectors one by one to see if there is any difference in the output voltage but nothing changed.

I'm not sure if I really narrowed it down correctly to the power board or there's more to it. I also searched online for service manual and no luck.

Any advice would be really appreciated because I don't really know where to go from here due to my modest knowledge of troubleshooting electronics to component level.

Thank you in advance!!

(This post was edited by tchno247 on Apr 20, 2019, 3:44 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)