Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Do Quasar parts even exist?

3babesandadad
New User

Jun 20, 2008, 4:48 AM

Post #1 of 4 (980 views)
Shortcut
Do Quasar parts even exist? Can't Post

I have a Quasar projection television Model SR5133B Chassis LC816 that is very very dark. It was suggested I need to replace the CRT's, but I can not find parts online ANY.WHERE.
Any ideas?

shadetree
Veteran

Jun 20, 2008, 11:11 AM

Post #2 of 4 (972 views)
Shortcut
Re: [3babesandadad] Do Quasar parts even exist? [In reply to] Can't Post

if you could find them you would be foolish to pay the price

3babesandadad
New User

Jun 20, 2008, 4:32 PM

Post #3 of 4 (966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] Do Quasar parts even exist? [In reply to] Can't Post

well that's waht I'm looking ofr it pricing- I need to know how much they cost, I understand they may be expensive, but I would like to at least KNOW.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2008, 2:47 AM

Post #4 of 4 (958 views)
Shortcut
Re: [3babesandadad] Do Quasar parts even exist? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm guessing that if you could find tubes they would be used tubes & would be at least $250 per tube plus labor to change them.

I know I've repaired these sets before that had that symptom & it wasn't the tubes at all, it was just a bad cap (capacitor). If all three colors are dim it's more likely to be a component failure (like a capacitor) when tubes go bad they usually loose brightness one at a time often starting with the blue tube and months later maybe green then red -- some of the caps to check first would be c3301, c590, c880, c881, c583 (these are the part numbers written on the circuit boards) Look for any caps that look like they are bulging on the tops; caps should bulge they should look relatively flat -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)