Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Exchanged all beards in Samsung TV ... still working!

mactube
New User

Jan 19, 2019, 11:38 PM

Post #1 of 4 (798 views)
Shortcut
Exchanged all beards in Samsung TV ... still working! Can't Post

I have just installed the last board which I haven't exchanged before, now my Samsung Un46d6420ufxza has a new
Main Board , a new Power board and a new T con. And there is nothing more to replace!?

... and the TV still won't turn on! Even though I hear it turning on ( click from the Power board ) then I can see the backlight through the hole on the metal frame and the stand by light will turn on and of with the remote and the power button of the TV . The only thing that is visible for less then a second, is a short dark blue picture with a wide stripe which turns off immediately. I thought I captured it on the video, but I didn't, here still a little video to get an idea.

Hope somebody has an idea ( hopefully a quick fix) .. I thought about buying a different power cable..but I don't think thats it since the backlight comes on.

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7k5kevjmd0scult/TV.MOV?dl=0

(This post was edited by mactube on Jan 19, 2019, 11:47 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 20, 2019, 6:48 AM

Post #2 of 4 (778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mactube] Exchanged all beards in Samsung TV ... still working! [In reply to] Can't Post

Exchanged all beards in Samsung TV ... still working! ... and the TV still won't turn on!

Perhaps just needed a trim?

I just bet there are LED lamp strips in the panel. (Try unplugging Power to Main board cable and see if LEDs come on (and stay on)).

https://elektrotanya.com/...sm.pdf/download.html

-------------------------

mactube
New User

Jan 23, 2019, 12:16 PM

Post #3 of 4 (753 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Exchanged all beards in Samsung TV ... still working! [In reply to] Can't Post

@jts1957 thats probably what it its. I haven't dared to take the actual screen apart since this might even be more complicated since this is a 3D TV and the repair manual indicates that there may be many strips.

Thank you for the link !

Is there a way to find out the Part Number to the Strips without taking it apart so I can check the price on them?

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 23, 2019, 2:55 PM

Post #4 of 4 (751 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mactube] Exchanged all beards in Samsung TV ... still working! [In reply to] Can't Post

With panels, as with TV model numbers, since more than one version may be used, Ordering by number off strip is best way.
Since the panel has to be taken apart to confirm/observe the lighting of each LED (other than the quick test already described) this would be excellent time to record BOM for strips in panel.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)