Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Faulty Plasma - is it worth repairing??

Florida2018
New User

Aug 22, 2018, 8:37 PM

Post #1 of 2 (698 views)
Shortcut
Faulty Plasma - is it worth repairing?? Can't Post

Hi all, I have an old Samsung PS50Q97HDX (if i remembered correctly), and I was wk seeing if it is worth getting it repaired. I love this tv, and yes it’s only 50mhz and yes it’s old, but it’s a very sentimental tv if you can call it that, haha! I know. I’m weird. Anyways, I’ve been away for 5 weeks - and when I came back I went to watch a dvd. At first I thought either the tv is really dark, or it could be the sunlight is too intense for the room, both likely, but it was noticeable enough for me to play with contrast, brightness, realise it wasn’t a setting(I thought it may have weirded out and set one too high or low), so dismissed it. When I finished the movie, I turned the dvd off and found this:
[url=https://ibb.co/n73taz]

Is this a nail in the proverbial coffin, or is it worth investing in a repair? Also - why has it gone like this - what causes this kind of screen dark/patchiness??

Many thanks in advance!
If I’ve done something wrong in this post maybe I can get some help with this also, as this my first time posting.

Florida2018
New User

Aug 23, 2018, 5:29 PM

Post #2 of 2 (684 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Florida2018] Faulty Plasma - is it worth repairing?? [In reply to] Can't Post

It’s a 50kg tv by the way, very heavy!! Lol.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.25 s on (CGI/1.1)