Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Faulty Samsung plasma TV PN60F5300AFXZA

hanswr
New User

Sep 23, 2018, 5:13 AM

Post #1 of 1 (731 views)
Shortcut
Faulty Samsung plasma TV PN60F5300AFXZA Can't Post

Hello everyone from this wonderful forum, today I ask for some advice.

A neighbor recently gave me a faulty 60-inch plasma TV, the exact model is PN60F5300AFXZA, when you plug the power cord the stand by red led comes on, and when trying to power on the tv it will blink a few times and nothing else happens, no sound, no nothing on the screen.

I took the back cover off to check if I was able to find any visible indicator of a bad capacitor or any signs of a damaged component. Nothing visibly damaged.
I tried troubleshooting it by unplugging the cable that goes from the power board to the X Board (Right side of the tv) and to my surprise when you try to power on the TV this time you hear the power on tune, a sound! but no image and the TV goes back to standby mode.
Voltage in the PS-on is correct and also in the Standby pin.

I just want to know which board would be the culprit in order to find a replacement…
Can you give me any other ideas on what to test to pin point the faulty board?
The Y board gets power from the X board, so I unplugged just the Y board and no sound no picture. When the X board is unplugged, power on sound, no picture, and goes back to standby.
Do you have any advice on what should I test next in order to find the faulty board?
Thank you very much in advance.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)