Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
"Fixed" TV - Backlights visible through bezel - Something around the wrong way?

Spetznaaz
New User

Feb 20, 2023, 11:58 PM

Post #1 of 1 (413 views)
Shortcut
"Fixed" TV - Backlights visible through bezel - Something around the wrong way? Can't Post

So i got a free Samsung ue48h6400ak which had big light spots and very dark areas, replaced the backlights as most were burnt out / missing the little diffuser bit and put it all back together.

The issues were fixed however i noticed two things - The backlights were visible shining out the clear plastic bit next to the bezel around the edges of the TV and on the screen there were very faint and barely noticeable kind of vertical dark and light sections.

I'm wondering, could it be caused by me putting one of the two screen / sheets / diffuser type things the wrong way round?

A few issue that happened but i don't think are responsible for the problem:

- The replacement LED strips were fractions of a mm to big and would not sit flat in the far end clip

- The holes in the reflector don't perfectly match up with the LED domes, although i'm not sure if it was like this originally

- The reflector had very slight creases in it, i think caused by measurement of the replacement not being perfect

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(This post was edited by Spetznaaz on Feb 21, 2023, 12:02 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)