Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Green tint RCA XL-100

Kyle_South_Park
New User

Mar 17, 2005, 6:16 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1946 views)
Shortcut
Green tint RCA XL-100 Can't Post

Hi I have a RCA XL-100 20 inch television I got this model from a neighour I have wanted this model forever I also have a XL-100 the model without remote control?

The remote control XL-100 has a green tint I have tryed adjusting color with the Drive things on the back and the normal ones on the front but I can't get the picture greenless! Is this a cheap repair if not can I swap out my picture tube from the twist know XL-100 into the remote one? Please reply to this

minehunter
User

Mar 17, 2005, 9:26 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kyle_South_Park] Green tint RCA XL-100 [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that your Set is old enough that it's the Picture tube going out. The XL-100 name hasn't been used on RCA TV's in more than 10 years. But on the lighter side if you go to WalMart and buy an RCA remote for around $7-8 it should operate the set just fine.

Kyle_South_Park
New User

Mar 17, 2005, 10:42 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minehunter] Green tint RCA XL-100 [In reply to] Can't Post

No what I meen is the XL-100 name was used for many tvs. I am wondering is it possible to swap the picture tube out of the xl-100 with twist knobs to the one with the Remote Control the tubes look to be the same and the tv's are close in age. I think they are a shop said it would cost around $65 I think this is economical as I am attached to my XL-100 and a decent tv cost more then 200 unless you buy a Wal-Mart Televison ick. PLease reply to this. Ps both telvisons share the exact same size case.

mel
Veteran

Mar 17, 2005, 11:06 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1934 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kyle_South_Park] Green tint RCA XL-100 [In reply to] Can't Post

The CRT will be labeled with a part number such as A51ACC14X02. If the numbers are the same, they are directly interchangeable. Even if not, but the TVs are approximately the same model year,it will probably still work. If you are able to make the transfer without disturbing the yoke and convergence magnets, you may not have to worry about the purity and convergence adjustments.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)