Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
HItachi 50UX22B remote 4 convergence

dferraro
New User

Dec 7, 2004, 3:49 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1884 views)
Shortcut
HItachi 50UX22B remote 4 convergence Can't Post

To All: I have a Hitachi 50UX22B TV. The convergence has been gradually getting worse on the lower right hand side of the screen. For example, when a phone number is displayed in that section you can see a green, white & red number. The magic focus does not get past the first few settings. It stops on the green screen while it is doing ---ic focus and it displays a 5. I have been able to use the service button and the remote to manually tune the convergence to very close to normal. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to write the changes back to the ROM. So after the TV is shut off, the settings are lost. I have found the button that displays ROM WRITE but I haven't found what button or buttons to press to get it to perform the function. Can anybody shed some light on this? If I then exit the service mode and press the Magic Focus button I receive STATIC MODE. What can I do about this? Thanks

minehunter
User

Dec 7, 2004, 11:57 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1874 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dferraro] HItachi 50UX22B remote 4 convergence [In reply to] Can't Post

You have a bad DCU. They are pricey and it will require a complete service convergence.

dferraro
New User

Dec 8, 2004, 1:10 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minehunter] HItachi 50UX22B remote 4 convergence [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Minehunter, Thanks for the reply. When you say pricey... do you mean pricey in that it is not worth it to put the money into a 10 year old non HDTV? Is the part pricey or the labor to install it?

minehunter
User

Dec 8, 2004, 1:26 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1864 views)
Shortcut

If you are able to find the service guidelines and have an overlay grid you might be able to reset the DCU. A 5 code means DCU failure, but that isn't always the case. It may have just needed a new convergence IC, but after you tried the magic focus you may overloaded the ram in the DCU.

If you can get the service literature on complete convergece you might try a reset. It's all done through the front of the set behind the speaker grill and using the remote. you also have to make sure that you have the factory remote that is listed in the manual.

dferraro
New User

Dec 8, 2004, 1:37 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1862 views)
Shortcut

Hi Minehunter, I will try to see if I can get a service manual someplace. Do you think that the procedure would be listed in a SAM's manual or should I just stick to trying to find one from Hitachi?

minehunter
User

Dec 8, 2004, 5:23 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1860 views)
Shortcut

I don't believe it is in Sams. You mihgt find it online thorugh a search engine.

dferraro
New User

Dec 8, 2004, 5:26 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1859 views)
Shortcut

Hi Minehunter, I will give the search engines a try. Thanks

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)