Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Help! Pioneer tv only works in other inputs, not cable...

Jeepnaround
New User

May 25, 2005, 7:27 PM

Post #1 of 4 (833 views)
Shortcut
Help! Pioneer tv only works in other inputs, not cable... Can't Post

Ok, here's the problem... My older Pioneer projection 52" tv had been acting up for about 2 weeks now...

Basically the DVD works great (and right away) so does all the other input "plugins" but when I just try and watch TV (cable) there is no picture. After an hour there might be spuratic flashes of the show but that's it! (Maybe 1 second every 15 minutes)

Frown

The picture and sound works perfectly in any other input things, just the cable. I have checked using another tv. it's not the cable.

Any ideas? What might I be looking at? How much do you think it would cost?

Thanks!

Heather

mel
Veteran

May 25, 2005, 10:55 PM

Post #2 of 4 (827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jeepnaround] Help! Pioneer tv only works in other inputs, not cable... [In reply to] Can't Post

The audio and video input jacks bypass the tuner and IF sections of the TV so your problem is most likey in those areas. My first guess would be a tuner failure on the TV. If you have a VCR, use it as the tuner and go thru it to the A/V jacks.

Jeepnaround
New User

May 25, 2005, 11:29 PM

Post #3 of 4 (825 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Help! Pioneer tv only works in other inputs, not cable... [In reply to] Can't Post

I never even thought about that! I don't have a VCR but I think our 5 disk DVD player could do that, right?! That would be an easy ( and cheap) fix!!

Smile

Heather

mel
Veteran

May 26, 2005, 9:48 PM

Post #4 of 4 (819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jeepnaround] Help! Pioneer tv only works in other inputs, not cable... [In reply to] Can't Post

If your DVD player has a TV input jack, it should work. Otherwise you can buy a cheap VCR for around $50 and it will still be a lot cheaper than the cost of repairs.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)