Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Help. Panasonic pt-51hx41e not powering on

jackemiller
New User

May 1, 2020, 2:55 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1124 views)
Shortcut
Help. Panasonic pt-51hx41e not powering on Can't Post

I have a Panasonic pt-51hx41e that when I push the power button to turn it on the only thing that happens is you hear what I believe to be a relay click. The red button on the front of the TV does not come on nor does the screen. I hit the power button, I hear a click then a couple seconds later I hear another click and that's it. Will somebody help me through a diagnosis please?

jts1957
Veteran

May 6, 2020, 1:18 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1096 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jackemiller] Help. Panasonic pt-51hx41e not powering on [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd check the power supply voltages against Service Manual.

-------------------------

jackemiller
New User

May 6, 2020, 2:23 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Help. Panasonic pt-51hx41e not powering on [In reply to] Can't Post

jts 1957,
Thank you for getting back with me on this. I will do that. I wasn't sure what all I needed to do before any power checking or ohm checking. Thank you again. We will see what happens

jts1957
Veteran

May 6, 2020, 3:00 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jackemiller] Help. Panasonic pt-51hx41e not powering on [In reply to] Can't Post

SERVICE NOTES:
This model has section that does not share a common ground with the power supply section. The different sections
are referred to as HOT section and COLD section in the precautions below.
1. Do not touch the HOT section and the COLD section at the same time. You may receive an electric shock.
2. Do not short the HOT section to the COLD section. This could blow the fuse or damage parts.
3. Never measure the HOT section and the COLD section at the same time when using tools such as
oscilloscopes or multimeters.
4. Always unplug the unit before beginning any operation such as removing the chassis.

https://imgur.com/o5UrwLt
https://imgur.com/X90zW4i

Only 'ohm checking' I'm aware of:
'0' - continuity/shorted
infinite - open

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on May 6, 2020, 3:25 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)