Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Help Please - Zenith 27" C27A25 died

knotimpaired
New User

Aug 23, 2004, 9:46 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1360 views)
Shortcut
Help Please - Zenith 27" C27A25 died Can't Post

Help! I live on the small island of Vieques in the Caribbean which has no TV repair shop. Our transportation to the outside world is via a 8 passenger plane or a 1.5 hour ferry ride to the Island of Puerto Rico.

In June I bought two 27" Tv's from a furniture store in PR. While watching it yesterday it suddenly lost it's picture (complete black) and it is making constant pop noise about each second. The on and off button does not work so we had to unplug it.

I do live in a area with high humidity and my home does not have AC. I also run it pretty much 24/7 because I use Tivo and record off Dish Network. Dish is working fine since my kitchen TV runs off the same cable and it is currently on.

Does anyone have any remote idea what may be wrong with it. The thought of taking it to Puerto Rico is uninviting.

Thanks

Karen

shadetree
Veteran

Aug 23, 2004, 3:58 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [knotimpaired] Help Please - Zenith 27" C27A25 died [In reply to] Can't Post

for some reason zenith tv's are very subceptable to moisture if you have a hand held hair dryer direct air into upper ventilation holes on back of tv may take a while popping may be from anode plug on picture tube if so this will help

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)