Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Help to speed up the learning curve: Schematics

electronmini
New User

Jan 19, 2018, 3:37 AM

Post #1 of 3 (733 views)
Shortcut
Help to speed up the learning curve: Schematics Can't Post

Hi, a new by on this forum and also to a certain degree to electronics and TV repair. My background allowed me for 60+ year to interpret almost any drawing or schematic that I came across in my life, but now I am stuck!

While trying to repair a Panasonic TH42PX80U plasma TV i spent lots of hours and learned many of the stuff needed to troubleshoot to a certain point. Now I got the set working and need to use schematics to trace and measure actual conditions (I also have a Textronix Oscilloscope) and I cannot figure out how to read the schematic I have. The file which I purchased from an online Service Manuals source but I cannot keep up with the Jargon and understand the way things are presented on the Test Points. E.G. there is a list to TP's but no reference that I can see as to what those values need to be.

QUESTION FOR HELP:
Is there any good reference book or like it that I can get and get up to speed on how things are lay out in Panasonic's view?

Sending me to school is not a good suggestion, I am 78+
Thanks

If I can figure out how to include 2 small pictures would give a better idea of where I am stuck. Acronyms is another! what is: "Tuner Power SOS"

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 19, 2018, 5:18 AM

Post #2 of 3 (727 views)
Shortcut
Re: [electronmini] Help to speed up the learning curve: Schematics [In reply to] Can't Post

http://elektrotanya.com/...egoria=&kat2=all
https://www.manualslib.com/...-42pz80u.html#manual Should be Same Chassis.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jan 19, 2018, 6:15 AM)

electronmini
New User

Jan 20, 2018, 3:46 AM

Post #3 of 3 (707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Help to speed up the learning curve: Schematics [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a lot, the download seems to have some small differences but you have given me a pep to keep going. I have very little problems reading the SCHEMATICS, but BIG problems understanding the BLOCK diagrams.
Also your file has Test Points on the COMPONENT side that I could try since I do not have longer cables to place the board connected to the set ON and test. <br>The Acronyms seems unsolvable and how people learns them? <br>SOS; OSD; Vscn; Sound OSD; etc. <br>A short history of this set is I do not need it, just wanted the challenge to learn to fix stuff and give it to some of my senior neighbors. Some do not have TV. <br>I got it from the street and managed to guess the A-Board and place it on the freezer for 2 hrs. Put it back and Tuner works with aerial antenna but no sound/picture from components; HDMI's do not work and on the menu they are "grey" (not available). <br>Also a IC chip ADV7495B was overheating a lot. Still does but it TV works. <br>not sound at all, and only Antenna brings excellent picture. <br>My best guess was to replace IC ADV7495B and have one on order from eBay. To me it is around the IC4510 in the block diagrams or something around the Sound processor. <br>Biggest problem at my age is keep forgetting things I did 30 minutes ago, ad get confused easily. But I believe perseverance beats intelligence so I go at it. <br> <br>Does anything come to mind with those symptoms or my process? <br> <br>Thanks lot, Wilson <br> <br>$180 would buy the refurbished A-Board, but I prefer to spend it on tools and books as I have done <br>

(This post was edited by electronmini on Jan 20, 2018, 3:48 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)