Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Help with my LED LCD

skunxx
New User

Apr 11, 2018, 8:30 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1246 views)
Shortcut
Help with my LED LCD Can't Post

Took a gamble and bought this TV for 100 bucks because I a) wanted to have a go at fixing it and b) because it didn't seem like it was as f*cked as other ones.

As the title describes. The furthest right quarter-column of the screen, is slow to update (ghosting?) which results in a blur as the picture changes. This one occurs almost constantly. starts fine, then goes "blink blink blink (flicker), smear and darken" wait 3 seconds, reset to "normal" image, repeat.

The second quarter column, moving from right to left, is darker than the rest.

I've removed the back panel, and it appears that someone has been in here before. the ribbon cables for the right and left halves have marks (marker) likely to indicate which connect to which, as do the ribbon cables for what I imagine are the quartered-columns.

I have been fiddling with the ribbon cables from the T-Con board and at the boards connected to the panel, very bottom edge of display. When I unclip the the on nearest furthest to the side (column with blur) I can find little pressure points that will move the dark spot. When disconnected the little blur pattern disappears (as does the picture), so methinks its something to do with these boards at the bottom or the T-Con.

Update: Was messing around with the other ribbon cables, on either side, and the same changes occurred. Is the whole thing at the T-Con board a circuit such that right and left side can "talk" to each other.. if that's the case then I think their is a short in the T-Con...

Update 2: annnndddd more fiddling has caused more crazy lines on the left side of the screen. swapped ribbon cables again and its the same issue. I might just try to replace the T-Con board and if that fails, then I will throw the TV off a bridge.

In my bit of browsing I seen the following options for repair:

1. replacing/reseating the ribbon cables (simplest, but can't test at the moment)
---Have swapped the cables with each other and the issues persist in the same places

2.putting clear tape over part of the cable(s)
---as above, I don't think its the ribbon cables

3. running a jumper wire: worst source ever

4. replacing the whole panel (NOPE)

5. replacing the T-Con board (seems like the best option, at the moment, $70)

6. replacing the main board (don't think this is where the problem lies)

7. replacing the boards at the connection to the panel: V650HP1-XLRS6 and V650HP1-XLLS6, RL, RR
---not having much luck finding parts, emailed manufacturer

8. repairing the boards (likely outside my skillset)

(This post was edited by skunxx on Apr 11, 2018, 8:32 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)