Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Help with vizio (vertical lines problem)

HesnotMe
New User

Jun 11, 2009, 11:28 PM

Post #1 of 11 (20049 views)
Shortcut
Help with vizio (vertical lines problem) Can't Post

So my dad got this vizio and it broke down a bit after the warranty expired. It's getting vertical lines whenever it's turned on (>__>), every now and then it works for a couple of minutes then goes all fuzzy and back to the verticals. I'm wondering if anyone know what it could be and if I could fix it myself before I shell out some money to get it repaired. Here are some pictures:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/Luisozki/brokentv3.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/Luisozki/brokentv1.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/Luisozki/brokentv2.jpg

Model Vx42L HDTV10A

Thanks in advance.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2009, 4:05 PM

Post #2 of 11 (20029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HesnotMe] Help with vizio (vertical lines problem) [In reply to] Can't Post

Once it goes to vertical lines, does it ever correct itself or do you have to power it off and try again? -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

HesnotMe
New User

Jun 13, 2009, 4:29 PM

Post #3 of 11 (20027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Help with vizio (vertical lines problem) [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes it corrects itself after a while, only for a short while though, then its back to verticals.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2009, 4:48 PM

Post #4 of 11 (20024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HesnotMe] Help with vizio (vertical lines problem) [In reply to] Can't Post

Was the set moved recently? If it corrects itself it could just be a loose connection on one of the plugs inside the set (this often happens after moving the set from room to room). If you are able to get the back off, try reseting all the plugs and ribbon cables etc. You may have to remove the stand to get the back off. When we service these sets we usually have to take the stands off, remove the back then replace the stand so we can work on them. -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

HesnotMe
New User

Jun 13, 2009, 5:11 PM

Post #5 of 11 (20022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Help with vizio (vertical lines problem) [In reply to] Can't Post

Not really, it's been there since it was brought in for the first time. But I'll try that!

HesnotMe
New User

Jun 13, 2009, 6:30 PM

Post #6 of 11 (20021 views)
Shortcut

I took out all the screws I saw, and couldn't make it budge.

http://images.televisioninfo.com/images/upload/Image/Reviews/Vizio/Vizio_VO47L/vizio_vo47l_back.jpg

Not exactly the same tv (mine is white and doesnt have that see- through thing) but you should get the idea.

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 13, 2009, 10:15 PM

Post #7 of 11 (20009 views)
Shortcut

When in doubt - "C4."Smile

-------------------------

HesnotMe
New User

Jun 14, 2009, 5:26 AM

Post #8 of 11 (19999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Help with vizio (vertical lines problem) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm afraid C4 might over-do it.

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 14, 2009, 6:45 AM

Post #9 of 11 (19998 views)
Shortcut

It would resolve BOTH problems.Wink

-------------------------

HesnotMe
New User

Jun 15, 2009, 6:42 PM

Post #10 of 11 (19984 views)
Shortcut

repair man?

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 16, 2009, 6:11 PM

Post #11 of 11 (19967 views)
Shortcut

You might find some clues here of how to repair your set

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Jun 16, 2009, 6:20 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)