Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Hitachi 50" picture fades.

theboogins
New User

Apr 20, 2005, 2:17 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1596 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi 50" picture fades. Can't Post

50ux23k, intermittent problem, small click and the picture darkens and looks like you are looking through a keyhole. Colors oversaturate.

I did a re-start (left the set off for 4 hours) and it worked well again all day. It turned it on/off several times during the day to see if I could get it too fail and it as fine.

This morning it came on fine, but about 10 mins later it faded and darkened again. I turned it on/off a few time, plugged/unplugged power, no luck.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Jboggs

kathleenap73
New User

May 1, 2005, 4:58 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1568 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theboogins] Hitachi 50" picture fades. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a similar problem with my Panasonic 32" TV (CTP-31XF20). The picture is perfect when it is on. The sound works perfect but the picture fades to black. It started intermittently but now the picture only comes on for a few seconds when we first turn the TV after it's been off for at least a day.

My father-in-law suggested it might be the power supply for the video that has gone bad. I have an email in to a TV repair shop about the problem. If I get an answer I'll let you know what I hear.

If anyone here has suggestions on the problem and if it's worth it to get it fixed, let us know. Smile

Kathleen

Sunrise, FL

(This post was edited by kathleenap73 on May 1, 2005, 4:59 PM)

Hect7369
User

May 9, 2005, 1:28 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1549 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theboogins] Hitachi 50" picture fades. [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileIt seems to repair leaky capacitors in Video module/board(for Hitachi/Panasonic sets)or video circuit intermittened.Try to repair them,or sometimes,it's better to replace these modules.

Hect.

theboogins
New User

May 9, 2005, 1:44 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hect7369] Hitachi 50" picture fades. [In reply to] Can't Post

Had a service guy out, he said that there were a few soolder joints loose. He re-soldered, good as new. he's coming back to work on another set, I'll get him to tell me which ones.

JBoggs

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)