Hitachi 53UWX

DaJokerz
New User

Jun 3, 2005, 5:45 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1847 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi 53UWX Can't Post

Hello,

I have a hitachi 53 inch tv. It is about 3 years old. On the left side of the TV the image has a green shadow. It seams like the red and blue are on top of each other, and the green is shifted. It is bad on the left side, and diminishes as u get close to the middle of the screen, and then it is fine form the middle to the right side of the screen.

Any suggestions on where to start? I am an engineer with all the testing equipment that i may need.

Thanks for the help.

Jason

kuhurdler
User

Jun 3, 2005, 5:33 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1824 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DaJokerz] Hitachi 53UWX [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like the convergence is off. If it can't be adjusted you will need to replace the 3 convergence amps. STK-something

-RiddledTV.com
http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/

DaJokerz
New User

Jun 3, 2005, 6:27 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kuhurdler] Hitachi 53UWX [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems a little strange, I would think that if the convergence is messed up, that it would affect the whole TV, instead of just the left side.

How do I verify that I need to replace the amps, and where would i get them from ?

Jason

DaJokerz
New User

Jun 4, 2005, 8:57 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DaJokerz] Hitachi 53UWX [In reply to] Can't Post

I did a lot of reading, and found that there tends to be some cold solder joints on the amplifires. So I took the convergance board up to my lab, resoldered the 18 pins of the 2 amplifiers. Now it seems to be fine.

How do i get into the manual convergence menu ? I read of poeple bringing up a grid, I have not been able to find such a thing anywhere.

The picture looks good, but its a little fuzzy, especially the text.

Thanks,

Jason

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)