Hitachi L42VC04U B signal problems

Nikk  Nod
New User

Mar 11, 2017, 10:00 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1001 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi L42VC04U B signal problems Can't Post

Hi,
Been searching the net for an answer to my problem and stumbled upon this site, and I am hopeful someone could help me...
I recently aquired an inoperative Hitachi L42VC04U B wityh the usual "won't switch on" problem. I checked it out and found the usual blown caps on the power board, replaced them and it fired up OK. Now, although it worked on HDMI, SCART and component fine, the tuners were poor. Freeview showed a 100% signal strength and perfect quality, but was breaking up with blocks and artifacts something terrible. The modulated analogue signal was also showing electrical intereference noise, and the odd "squeak" sound. Assuming there were more problems with the power board I checked it out further, could find no further problem, so ordered a replacement, to find the same problem. I then tried to move to the main board, and unable to find a fault on that I bought a second hand replacement from ebay... still the same. Anybody have any idea where I could go next? the picture is perfect on HDMI etc, just the tuners. I am assuming interference, but as the other four TV's in the house don't show the same symptoms I am assuming it's generated inside the TV..

Any help appreciated

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 11, 2017, 10:53 PM

Post #2 of 4 (995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nikk Nod] Hitachi L42VC04U B signal problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you tried a different TV at that SAME location using the same antenna lead.

-------------------------

Nikk  Nod
New User

Mar 11, 2017, 11:18 PM

Post #3 of 4 (992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Hitachi L42VC04U B signal problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, we have a Samsung 32" in that place usually, (we have also used a 32" LG in that place until christmas) just though we'd upgrade to the 42" if I can get it going. The Samsung and the LG works faultlessly.

Nikk  Nod
New User

Mar 12, 2017, 8:54 PM

Post #4 of 4 (970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nikk Nod] Hitachi L42VC04U B signal problems [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems I have found the culprit, a firestick in an adjacent room was causing the problem, looking around online it seems they do seem to have that effect on sevearl TVs, and this is obviously one. It was a hard one to find as the interference continued aroud 30 seconds after switching it off, and didn't reappear until around 2 minutes after switching it back on. I will now try to find a solution to this problem, but may end up resorting to tin foil ;)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.24 s on (CGI/1.1)