How to reset "Child lock" on TV without remote

catalinu
New User

Apr 8, 2010, 4:02 PM

Post #1 of 8 (22846 views)
Shortcut
How to reset "Child lock" on TV without remote Can't Post

Hello,
I just bought a TV (made by INDTEK for LG, model LT-15BU10) and all controls are locked. When I press any button on the TV it says "Child Lock". I have no remote on it. Is it a way to reset this option? I opened the TV, but no "switch" on the PCB to do a "reset to factory". I can try to find a remote for it, but have no idea what processor it use, because the heater is glued on the processor.

Any advice?
Thanks

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 8, 2010, 10:22 PM

Post #2 of 8 (22818 views)
Shortcut
Re: [catalinu] How to reset "Child lock" on TV without remote [In reply to] Can't Post

I have yet to find a user manual that does not specify a child lock (or Master) unlock code in its pages.Wink

-------------------------

catalinu
New User

Apr 9, 2010, 3:35 AM

Post #3 of 8 (22809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] How to reset "Child lock" on TV without remote [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually it is a fridge with LCD TV (LG LSC27990TT). You can check both the Owner Manual (http://us.lge.com/download/product/file/1000001209/LSC27990owners.pdf) and the Service Manual (http://136.166.4.200/contents/Fridge/LSC27990/LSC27990_Service_Manual.pdf) and you will find nothing concerning this problem...
Yes, you will find something as "Child Lock", but it reffers only on locking the menu of the second display (funtions LCD) and ice distributor, no effect on TV. Actually the TV is a standalone unit in this fridge, with no interconnection with the MICOM module (the small LCD).

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 9, 2010, 10:02 AM

Post #4 of 8 (22806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [catalinu] How to reset "Child lock" on TV without remote [In reply to] Can't Post

You've presented the manual(s) for the Fridge. When you find the service manual FOR THE TV, you will be able to access your answer.Smile

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Apr 9, 2010, 10:03 AM)

shoofeetv
New User

Apr 9, 2010, 11:27 AM

Post #5 of 8 (22799 views)
Shortcut

First of I do not need to lock my TV because, I watch the www.shoofeetv programs on line. There is I access the better programs and sports.

catalinu
New User

Apr 9, 2010, 1:30 PM

Post #6 of 8 (22792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] How to reset "Child lock" on TV without remote [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
You've presented the manual(s) for the Fridge. When you find the service manual FOR THE TV, you will be able to access your answer.Smile

Yes, you are right, because I bought a fridge that has a TV... And the TV functions explanations are almost zero in the manual. Is like I bought a car and in the 200 pages manual I find only 3 pages about the radio... I can't find a separate manual for this model of TV. That's why I posted here, hoping that someone knew that model

mel
Veteran

Apr 10, 2010, 7:21 PM

Post #7 of 8 (22776 views)
Shortcut

Doesn't page 35 of the manual tell you how to cancel the "child lock"?

catalinu
New User

Apr 11, 2010, 3:09 AM

Post #8 of 8 (22772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] How to reset "Child lock" on TV without remote [In reply to] Can't Post

No. All that "child lock" reffers to locking the ice distributor and the buttons of the small LCD (with fridge functions) wich is totally independent from the TV. There are 2 devices with no link between (physical or logical)...

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)