Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
I need basic help!

Babio
New User

May 20, 2005, 5:25 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1187 views)
Shortcut
I need basic help! Can't Post

I'll make it quick...My Cable connection thingy on my Sharp TV got loose and eventually fell out of the back. I tried to crazyglue it back in place and although there is a picture it is very snowy (especially the lower channels for whatever resaon). My question is A: Is there anything I can do? and B: There is a little wire-type thingy coming out of the cable thingy...seems to be some sort of antennae...does this need to actually touch something in the TV or does it just need to be close?

In short I'd rather not take the bulky 32" TV to a repairman and pay $100 bucks for something simple so any advice I could get would be wonderful!

kuhurdler
User

May 20, 2005, 5:43 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1183 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Babio] I need basic help! [In reply to] Can't Post

glue wont do it. That connector will have to be soldered back on. If you know anyone with a soldering iron, it should be very easy IF you still have all the pieces. If not, it doesnt hurt to call your repair place and explain how easy the repair should be. They may give you a cheap repair if they aren't too busy.

-RiddledTV.com
http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/

(This post was edited by kuhurdler on May 20, 2005, 5:44 PM)

Babio
New User

May 21, 2005, 1:56 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1169 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kuhurdler] I need basic help! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think your right about the solder, but during the short while the crazy glue did hold the picture was still snowy (very snowy). Is there any kind of connection between that plug on the TV (the wire thingy) and the actual TV itself, or does it just have to be "close"

mel
Veteran

May 21, 2005, 9:31 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Babio] I need basic help! [In reply to] Can't Post

The wire thingy has to be physically plugged into the female thingy in the plug and the screw thingy on the cable has to be screwed onto the thread thingy on the plug. The thread thingy on the plug has to by electrically connected (soldered) the tuner case. Otherwise, you will never get a good picture without snow.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)