Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
JVC EM65FTR Schematic or Service Manual Request

abreese
New User

Jul 5, 2016, 8:36 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1521 views)
Shortcut
JVC EM65FTR Schematic or Service Manual Request Can't Post

Would anyone have a copy of the schematic and/or service manual for a JVC EM65FTR HD LCD television? Mine apparently got a voltage spike last evening during a thunderstorm and I need to open her up. I'm old school so like to have a road map prior to beginning component level service. Thanks!

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 5, 2016, 11:15 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [abreese] JVC EM65FTR Schematic or Service Manual Request [In reply to] Can't Post

You're unlikely to get service literature / schematics like what you use to get in ye good ol' days.

As far as component level service, how are your double-sided PC board soldering / desoldering skills?

If the board you need is available, this is the way many repairs are made.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/jvc/em65ftr

Be aware that a voltage spike may have 'hit' more than one board.
EEPROMs are also fallible.
And there have been a whole slew of back light LEDs failing regardless of brand/model..

-------------------------

abreese
New User

Jul 6, 2016, 12:05 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] JVC EM65FTR Schematic or Service Manual Request [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the advice and link. I have the tools, equipment and experience to work with double-sided boards and surface mounted components. It's been quite a while since I did it for a living, but I like to do basic troubleshooting and electronic service on my own gear where and when I can.

Under the circumstances it might be easier to just do a complete board swap and call it quits.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)