Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
JVC LT- 42TG30J Not Responding to Remote

On the Blink
New User

Nov 22, 2023, 12:41 PM

Post #1 of 2 (7934 views)
Shortcut
JVC LT- 42TG30J Not Responding to Remote Can't Post

Hello, JVC / Vestel TV has stopped responding to the original RM-C1237 remote with new batteries. The TV can be switched on with the remote, but nothing else works with the remote. TV has to be switched off using button on TV. All the on screen menus can be accessed using the buttons on the TV. The TV display flickers when any button on the remote is pressed.

So far I have tried the following:

1. New batteries,
2. Pairing remote with TV
3. New remote,
4. Pair new remote with TV
5. Replace remote sensor pcb inside the TV
6. Pair TV with remote.

None of this has made any change to the results above. So what do I try now? Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks!

(This post was edited by On the Blink on Nov 22, 2023, 12:59 PM)

On the Blink
New User

Nov 22, 2023, 3:18 PM

Post #2 of 2 (7920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [On the Blink] JVC LT- 42TG30J Not Responding to Remote [In reply to] Can't Post

Just to add to my last post, now wondering if I have the correct infra red sensor. The original JVC remote is RM-C1237. The I.R. sensor pcb is labelled 17LD98-7. The replacement pcb came from an Alba TV, but had the same ref No. All components on the small pcb were identical, except for the actual sensor component. The original one was 69 138 V58236. The replacement was 59 ADC7 V58236. I assumed the Vishay No. was the important one for series 582 36khz sensor. What are the other numbers, and do they make a difference in detecting the remote?

Thanks.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)