Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
JVC TV AV27920, sound cutting out

beaowolf
New User

Sep 6, 2004, 7:33 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2543 views)
Shortcut
JVC TV AV27920, sound cutting out Can't Post

So the TV is ~6 yrs old, and after getting a power surge from a cable box I started to have the sound cut out. If I played with the input cable TV cable (no cable box used now) I could get the sound back, but sooner or later it would cut out again so that the sound was very low-but still on for all channels. There is only one board and by moving the input cable I also moved the wires that go to the speakers. So I sprayed the board with WD-40 where the speaker wires are plugged in to it and that solved the problem right away-but the sound still cuts out some times-so I spray again. Some times the sound cuts out and I switch to another channel and then back and the sound is fine.
Any ideas?

mel
Veteran

Sep 7, 2004, 1:04 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [beaowolf] JVC TV AV27920, sound cutting out [In reply to] Can't Post

You have a bad solder connection and the WD 40 has nothing to do with correcting the problem. In fact, spraying the board is a bad idea. look at the board and see if you can find the bad solder joint and resolder it. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/default.aspx?referer=7509165 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)