Cheapthrills
New User

Oct 11, 2016, 12:45 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1797 views)
Shortcut
Jo47baird no standby,no power Can't Post

[url=https://postimg.org/image/k8ut7696b/]

Hello everyone.
I have recenlty found new hobby and need some help to boost my knowledge,i hope you guys can help me.

At the moment i have this JO47Baird tv with no power issue,no standby nothing.
Checked the power at conection on psu and its 230v so power is delivered.
Fuse also is ok,both ends read 230v
Then approx in middle of board there is solid wire and next to it writwn 250v,i checked voltage there and its 120v.
I tried checking voltage on all the out connections,but nothing not all,probably im using multimeter incorreclty,its just a cheap one and im still learning what is what and why. Couple months ago i had no idea what tv looks like behind back cover lol
I will also post pic of my multimeter,not sure im using right setting to check low voltages like 5v 12v un 24v ? As propably i could not read anything because i used same setting when i measured 230v at connection from main cable.
I am armed with soldering iron and prepared to try and replace some caps or other bits,but absolutely not sure where to start as no bad caps or anythimg can be seen by eye,ive inspected carefully by best knowledge.
I believe i cant test caps with multimeter,i have found device to test caps,diodes etc and going to order it,but they have to be removed from board first,so does anyone have some advice to which ones i should try forst,that are more likely to cause this problem?
Thank you.

GRID
New User

Dec 15, 2016, 3:35 AM

Post #2 of 2 (860 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cheapthrills] Jo47baird no standby,no power [In reply to] Can't Post

The solid wire you mention cannot have 240v @ one end and a reduced voltage at the other... so it cannot be a continuous wire !!!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)