Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
KV27V55

CRTBOSTON
New User

Jan 31, 2005, 5:27 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2152 views)
Shortcut
KV27V55 Can't Post

I have Sony KV27V55 - sound OK, but no picture. All checks OK, test points, components & HV looks fine. Anyone has an idea? Could it be that the "user" set brightness to a min level? and if so, how to reset it back? I know that the Sony CRTs in now days not as good as 10 years ago. (didn't check tube yet)

Gene

mel
Veteran

Jan 31, 2005, 11:17 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2141 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CRTBOSTON] KV27V55 [In reply to] Can't Post

This is the classic symptom of IK shutdown in Sonys. This is caused by a weak CRT and sometimes can be corrected by turning up the screen voltage. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

CRTBOSTON
New User

Feb 1, 2005, 1:43 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] KV27V55 [In reply to] Can't Post

Where is the screen adjustment for the screen voltage? Is it on flyback or on the CRT board?

I have Sencore CR700, is it possible to restore the tube?

Sorry, can't use your link. Its the customer unit, & I have it for repair.

In some 20" PC monitors I low screen voltage buy putting 5meg resistor instead of 10meg. Is anything possible with KV27V55?

How you deal with problem like this, if it happened so often?

mel
Veteran

Feb 2, 2005, 12:03 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2134 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CRTBOSTON] KV27V55 [In reply to] Can't Post

The screen adjust is on the CRT board on that model. You can try rejuvinating the tube, but I have never had much luck with trinitron tubes. A Sencore may do a better job than my B&K. I have on occasion, isolated the filament circuit on the CRT board and replaced it with three wraps of wire around the flyback core which is in affect a booster. I would do this only with the customers approval and their knowledge that it will be only a temporary fix.

CRTBOSTON
New User

Feb 2, 2005, 3:27 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] KV27V55 [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm agree that sony tubes not good. I mostly dealing with PC monitors. For the last 5-7 years quality down. 10 years ago never had any bad CRT. Now 2-4 years monitor tubes no good.

What type of wire do you use to make "booster"?

One other thing I have to try before burning tube - it could be someone fool screw the brightness to min level... I had PC monitor with digital controls and was no problem, just brightness set to a min.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)