Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
LG 47LN5400 Led problems

candril
New User

Apr 12, 2017, 4:17 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1918 views)
Shortcut
LG 47LN5400 Led problems Can't Post

Hi there, have no picture on LG 47LN5400 TV, there is a picture when I do torch test, leds flash on for half a second when turned on then go off, today taken it apart and checked LED strips, 3 rows are out and there are random LEDs out on other rows, is this the LED controller on the main power board dead or does it sound like something else?

Really confused as thought it would either be a bad strip or the controller but for random Leds to be out and 3 whole lines I do not know what to order to repair it, ARGGHH so annoying as just want my TV working again, too poor to buy a new one :(

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 12, 2017, 7:43 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [candril] LG 47LN5400 Led problems [In reply to] Can't Post

The manufacturer decided that the maximum setting of the back light intensity control would produce the best image and help sell the most units.
You can bet that the design engineers informed their superiors that doing that would shorten the lifespan of the LEDs in the panel.
Since the manufacturer cares more about profits rather than longevity, the engineers were ignored, after all they do/did last through their warranty period.

Replace defective strips paying attention to model/panel number or strip numbers. http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg/47ln5400-ua

And for God's sake, reduce the back light intensity setting!

-------------------------

MJS60
New User

Jun 9, 2017, 3:44 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1670 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] LG 47LN5400 Led problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Go here to see how it is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf5T2wwtydY

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)