Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
LG 47LS4500 backlight and sound, but no display

godzfire
New User

Dec 30, 2017, 9:56 PM

Post #1 of 1 (675 views)
Shortcut
LG 47LS4500 backlight and sound, but no display Can't Post

Hello everyone. I'm looking to hopefully get some thoughts and guidance on my beloved LG 47LS4500 TV, purchased in Feb ’13.

One day I turned it on, and all I got was a slightly white backlight display. Thinking a cable was loose or something, I checked all connections and verified also it wasn’t the wrong source being chosen. The sound works just fine, the LED power light is active and responds to all remote and on-tv commands, and when I plug in a video cord to my computer, the computer recognizes the display as being attached. The TV was always kept in pristine condition with no bumps to it. There's no smell of burning anything.

I attempted to contact LG Repair who pointed me to a small local TV repair shop. When I called, they stated it would cost a fair amount just to look at the display.

I’m just hoping the knowledgeable folks here might have some ideas what could be going on/issue might be, and if there’s any chance it’s worth bringing it in. I deal with bad anxiety which can make making decisions very difficult, especially when it deals with a large monetary item, so I really appreciate everyone’s educated assistance in this matter. Thank you all in advance.

(This post was edited by godzfire on Dec 30, 2017, 9:56 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)