Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
LG 55GA6400 Back Light issue

MSteele25
New User

Nov 23, 2017, 9:46 PM

Post #1 of 1 (3059 views)
Shortcut
LG 55GA6400 Back Light issue Can't Post

I have a LG 55GA6400 that has a bit of an issue.

I found it at a public dump (i know, first mistake), but when I brought it home, it worked. After a couple of days, the bottom LED back lights and top left LED back light would go dim after about 10 seconds, not off, but dim. To fix it, all you would have to do is turn the TV off and back on and it would come back full brightness.

A couple of weeks ago the fix stopped working, and no matter when you turn it on or how many times on and off it will start at full brightness, then after about 10 seconds the lower half would dim (again, you can still see the picture, but its noticeably darker than the top half). On occasion, when you turn it off and back on, both the bottom and top LED strips come on, and the middle strip goes out.

I replaced the LED controller board and it still has the same issue. I have tested the power supply connection from the power supply to the LED controller board and it tests fine. I was thinking about replacing the power supply, but it holds steady and the proper volts its sending to the LED controller board. I have been told the LED light strips may be going out. I was thinking maybe it could be the ribbon cable to the LED strips. Wanted to post on here to get some opinions on what is going on. Thank you for any and all help!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)