LG 55LM7600 Subtle horizontal lines troubleshooting

bwakeham90
New User

Oct 26, 2017, 4:27 AM

Post #1 of 3 (961 views)
Shortcut
LG 55LM7600 Subtle horizontal lines troubleshooting Can't Post

Hey folks.

I just picked up this TV used for a killer deal because it had these subtle lines on the screen. The lines are predominately on the left side of the screen and become less noticeable the further you follow them to the right to the right. They are black or a darker tone of the colors they overlay. They aren't too obstructive but definitely noticeable.

I tried tightening all the grounding screws and cleaning and reconnecting all the ribbon cables but the lines remain.

Im at a dead end and I was wondering if there could be any other cause to these lines. Here is a link to my google drive of some photos. Its most noticeable at the top of the screen in these photos (it was hard to capture).

Left side with lines: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qIJGvdnEFSzE9FZf1
Right side that seems better: https://photos.app.goo.gl/aj4vvkywNTJi78JA3

Thanks for any insight!

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 26, 2017, 8:17 AM

Post #2 of 3 (954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bwakeham90] LG 55LM7600 Subtle horizontal lines troubleshooting [In reply to] Can't Post

Is TV's OSDs/Menus affected? That is, is the line interference covered over by normal OSDs or does line interference cover over the OSDs?

-------------------------

bwakeham90
New User

Oct 26, 2017, 6:20 PM

Post #3 of 3 (947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] LG 55LM7600 Subtle horizontal lines troubleshooting [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes the OSDs/Menus are all affected. To me it seems that the line interference covers over the OSD. It is subtle and hard to tell.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)