Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
LG 70LB7100 Power turns off while watching

Keydet94
New User

Mar 9, 2017, 7:30 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1039 views)
Shortcut
LG 70LB7100 Power turns off while watching Can't Post

I have an LG 70LB7100 that I purchased in October 2014. I have it setup to primarily run my family XBOX ONE, so it is not used a lot. Power on time is only 6204.
The problem:
Television powers off by itself while watching a show or playing on the XBOX ONE. This usually seems to take place when there is a dark scene, or while playing a game, dark graphics.
I may well use or play on the television multiple hours before this event happens, though it now comes more frequently. When it turns off, I can turn the tv back on with the remote control. When I hit the power button on the remote, the red standby light comes on, I press the power button again, and the tv comes on with a good picture. In a few more minutes (up to 30), it will turn back off again.
I have disassembled the back of the television so that I can see the motherboard and the power board.
I have looked to see if the capacitors are bulging on the PB, none were. I have a multimeter, but I am uncertain where to start testing.
If you have any ideas or suggestions on how I may diagnose the problem or your thoughts on a possible solution, please let me know.
Thank you in advance.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)