Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
LG HD (47LB650V?) Screen black with intermittent flashes of picture?!?

sfjnet
New User

Feb 24, 2017, 7:51 AM

Post #1 of 1 (949 views)
Shortcut
LG HD (47LB650V?) Screen black with intermittent flashes of picture?!? Can't Post

My 3-4 year old LG HD Smart TV (not 100% of model number and can't check because I'm not at home but it is at least similar to the LG 47LB650V) has suddenly developed a picture problem. When turned on the screen is black with intermittent 1 second flashes of the picture every 2-3 seconds. If it helps, it looks like the flashes alternate in brightness - the first flash shows a bright picture, then the second is dimmer, then brighter again, etc. The sound stays constant even when the picture cannot be seen. I have tried the simple checks and determined it is not a power issue (the power light stays on and the sound is continuous), and it isn't an issue with my Sky box (the problem persists no matter what input is selected, and the box works fine on another TV). I've checked various forums and most people having an on-off flashing problem seem to put it down to power supply. Seems serious to me but before I seek out a repair I'm wondering if anyone can suggest what the issue might be?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)