Jan 5, 2019, 3:40 AM

Post #1 of 3 (934 views)
Shortcut
LG TV Flashing-No Picture/Sound Can't Post

LG 47LN5400
Manufactured-MAY 2013
Bought New-December 2016

Hello TV repair guru's.
First of all, I'm on SSDI and don't have the money to take my TV to an expert repair shop. After my accident I was forced to retire and this TV was given to me on Christmas 2016.
A few days ago I turned it off as usual and went to bed. I awoke next morning, turned it on, it flashed and stayed black. The red LED power light remains on, until I press a channel up or down. It then flashes again and powers off.
I did a little bit of research online and tried the; Unplug TV, press power button for 10 seconds, turn TV on in 20 minutes. NOTHING! That's as far as I have gone.
On the back of the TV, below the manual control buttons, is a picture of a lock with an open rectangle below it. Is this some sort of reset button/switch in that rectangle slot? Pic below.
I can probably borrow the money to have a TV TECH diagnose it, but I have heard stories where they tell you it's not worth fixing. They will not charge you if you let them keep it for parts. They turn around and fix it, then sell it. That's what I DON'T want to happen. Can someone PLEASE give me a little bit of guidance on what direction I should go? THANK YOU!

BLUEOVALFITTER
New User

Jan 5, 2019, 3:45 AM

Post #2 of 3 (930 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BLUEOVALFITTER] LG TV Flashing-No Picture/Sound [In reply to] Can't Post

MODERATORS/ADMIN,
Can you please resize my post/pic? I didn't know that it would take up that much screen area.
THANK YOU!

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 7, 2019, 5:37 AM

Post #3 of 3 (908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BLUEOVALFITTER] LG TV Flashing-No Picture/Sound [In reply to] Can't Post

On the back of the TV, below the manual control buttons, is a picture of a lock with an open rectangle below it. Is this some sort of reset button/switch in that rectangle slot? Pic below.

Could have found this yourself if you had downloaded this models User Manual from the LG website.
https://imgur.com/5dctXQF

Most likely is one (or more) of the following: Power Supply board - EEPROM - LED backlight strip(s) (See HERE )

Photo size issues should be addressable with your photo hosting service. (tinypic.com)

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jan 7, 2019, 5:54 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)